Expert Consulting and Litigation Support
Potomac Economics and its senior professionals have extensive experience in providing expert analysis and advice to its customers in the electricity and natural gas industries, as well as expert testimony in litigated matters. This work has included expert analysis and testimony regarding:
- Wholesale electricity market design issues;
- Competitive issues in electric utility merger cases;
- Antitrust cases in both the electric and natural gas industries;
- Market-based pricing and other electricity deregulation cases;
- Market power mitigation measures and other means of addressing competitive concerns;
- Competitive electric supply procurement;
- Rate cases involving retail rates, wholesale rates, and transmission rates; and
- RTO/ISO formation and rate design issues.
Potomac Economics’ wide array of experience in RTO and non-RTO market areas in the U.S. and Europe uniquely qualifies us to provide unmatched expert advice and litigation support in these areas.