Potomac Economics serves as the External Market Monitor (EMM) for ISO New England.
The ISO New England is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New England. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitoring Unit, Potomac Economics reports directly to the ISO New England’s Board of Directors and works closely with the internal Market Monitoring Unit to monitor the New England markets. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues an annual report providing an independent assessment of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
- EMM Memo re Day Ahead Market Power Mitigation - Published January 2020
- Comments of External Market Monitor re ISO-NE Filing on FCA 14 - Published November 2019
- EMM Presentation re Comments on Fuel Security Proposals - Published September 2019
- IEEE Meeting Presentation on Outlook for Fuel Security and Market Design Enhancements in New England - Published August 2019
- EMM Comments re Results of Thirteenth Forward Capacity Auction - Published July 2019
- 2018 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2019
- Highlights of the 2018 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2019
- Intermittent Resources in RTO Markets - Published May 2019
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|