Potomac Economics serves as the External Market Monitor (EMM) for ISO New England.
The ISO New England is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New England. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitoring Unit, Potomac Economics reports directly to the ISO New England’s Board of Directors and works closely with the internal Market Monitoring Unit to monitor the New England markets. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues an annual report providing an independent assessment of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
- EMM Comments on the DASI Filing - Published November 2023
- Post-Winter Forum Comments of the EMM - Published August 2023
- 2022 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2023
- Post-Tech Conference Comments re New England Winter Gas-Electric Forum - Published November 2022
- Pre-Tech Conference Statement re Reliability Transmission Planning Criteria & Cost Management - Published September 2022
- 2021 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2022
- Comments on Implementation of Dynamic Line Ratings - Published April 2022
- EMM Comments on MOPR Filing - Published April 2022