Potomac Economics serves as the External Market Monitor (EMM) for ISO New England.
The ISO New England is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New England. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitoring Unit, Potomac Economics reports directly to the ISO New England’s Board of Directors and works closely with the internal Market Monitoring Unit to monitor the New England markets. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues an annual report providing an independent assessment of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
- 2021 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2022
- Comments on Implementation of Dynamic Line Ratings - Published April 2022
- EMM Comments on MOPR Filing - Published April 2022
- EMM Comments re IMM Review of Westover Project’s Offer Floor Price for FCA-16 - Published December 2021
- Potomac Economics Comments re Improvements in Transmission Planning Processes - Published November 2021
- EMM Evaluation of Changes in MOPR Rules on Financial Risk in New England - Published November 2021
- Potomac Economics Comments re Electric Transmission Incentives Policy - Published June 2021
- 2020 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Published June 2021
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|