Potomac Economics serves as the External Market Monitor (EMM) for ISO New England.
The ISO New England is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New England. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitoring Unit, Potomac Economics reports directly to the ISO New England’s Board of Directors and works closely with the internal Market Monitoring Unit to monitor the New England markets. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues an annual report providing an independent assessment of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
- Type: Affidavit/Testimony - Title: Potomac Economics Protest on ISO-NE’s Competitive Auctions for Sponsored Resources (CASPR) Proposal - Year Published: 2018
- Type: Filings - Title: Comments on Grid Reliability and Resilience Pricing - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Report - Title: 2016 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Affidavit/Testimony - Title: Dr. Patton Comments Regarding State Policies Affecting Eastern RTOs - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Filings - Title: Potomac Economics Comments on Uplift Cost Allocation - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Report - Title: 2015 Assessment of the ISO New England Electricity Markets - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Other - Title: EMM Comments on Retirement Mitigation Reforms - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Other - Title: Shortage Pricing Comments - Year Published: 2015
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|