Potomac Economics has extensive experience in providing expert analysis and advice to clients in the electricity and natural gas industries, including expert testimony in various litigated matters.
Our work has included expert analysis and testimony regarding:
- Open-access transmission issues;
- Pricing in wholesale electricity markets and market design issues;
- Competitive electricity supply procurement;
- Competitive issues in electric utility merger cases;
- Antitrust cases in the electric and natural gas industries;
- Market-based pricing and other electricity deregulation cases;
- Market power mitigation measures and other means of addressing competitive concerns;
- Rate cases involving retail, wholesale, and transmission rates; and
- RTO/ISO formation and rate design issues.
Our senior professional’s extensive experience in RTO and non-RTO market areas in the U.S. and Europe uniquely qualifies us to provide unmatched expert advice and litigation support in these areas.