Potomac Economics serves as the Market Monitoring Unit (MMU) to the New York ISO Board of Directors.
The New York ISO is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New York State. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the MMU, Potomac Economics reports directly to the New York ISO’s Board of Directors and monitors each of the markets administered by the New York ISO. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues annual and quarterly reports providing independent assessments of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues. Potomac Economics also evaluates significant proposed changes in the New York ISO’s market rules.
- MMU Report on CY 2019 Additional SDU BSM Evaluation - Published June 2021
- 2020 State of the Market Report for the New York ISO Markets - Published May 2021
- Comments of Potomac Economics before Resource Adequacy Technical Conference - Published March 2021
- MMU Comments on New York Transmission Planning Study - Published March 2021
- MMU Report on CY 2019 BSM Evaluations - Published February 2021
- Comments of MMU in NYSPSC Transmission Planning Proceeding - Published January 2021
- MMU Supplemental Affidavit on NYISO 2020 ICAP Demand Curve Reset - Published January 2021
- MMU Comments on NYISO 2020 ICAP Demand Curve Reset - Published December 2020
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|