Potomac Economics serves as the Market Monitoring Unit (MMU) to the New York ISO Board of Directors.
The New York ISO is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New York State. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the MMU, Potomac Economics reports directly to the New York ISO’s Board of Directors and monitors each of the markets administered by the New York ISO. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues annual and quarterly reports providing independent assessments of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues. Potomac Economics also evaluates significant proposed changes in the New York ISO’s market rules.
- MMU Comments re Dynamic Reserve Proposal – DAM Congestion Rents - Published November 2023
- Quarterly Report – 2023 Q3 - Published November 2023
- Comments on NYISO’s Comprehensive Reliability Plan for 2023-2032 - Published October 2023
- Quarterly Report – 2023 Q2 - Published August 2023
- Quarterly Report – 2023 Q1 - Published June 2023
- MMU Evaluation of Long Island Offshore Wind Export PPTP Report - Published May 2023
- 2022 State of the Market Report for the New York ISO Markets - Published May 2023
- MMU Comments on 2022 Public Policy Transmission Need - Published February 2023
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|