Potomac Economics serves as the Market Monitoring Unit (MMU) to the New York ISO Board of Directors.
The New York ISO is a non-profit company that runs the wholesale markets for electricity and related services and operates the transmission system in New York State. The include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the MMU, Potomac Economics reports directly to the New York ISO’s Board of Directors and monitors each of the markets administered by the New York ISO. The objective of this monitoring is to identify conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets.
In this role, Potomac Economics issues annual and quarterly reports providing independent assessments of the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues. Potomac Economics also evaluates significant proposed changes in the New York ISO’s market rules.
- Type: Report - Title: 2016 State of the Market Report - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Affidavit/Testimony - Title: Dr. Patton Comments Regarding State Policies Affecting Eastern RTOs - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: Comments on PJM’s Proposed Pseudo Tie Rules - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Report - Title: MMU Assessment of the Buyer-Side Mitigation Exemption Tests for the Class Year 2015 Projects - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: MMU Comments on GTDC Tariff Waiver Filing - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: MMU Comments on Capacity Export Rules - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Other - Title: MMU Comments on 2017 Demand Curve Reset - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Presentation - Title: Quarterly Report – 2016 Q3 - Year Published: 2016
|David Patton||Pallas LeeVanSchaick|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0719|