Potomac Economics serves as the Independent Market Monitor (IMM) for the Midcontinent ISO (MISO).
MISO is a non-profit company that provides transmission service in the Midwest region of the U.S. and operates wholesale markets for electricity and related services. These include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitor, Potomac Economics receives data continuously that is used to evaluate the performance of the markets and identify conduct by MISO or its market participants that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets. In addition to this real time monitoring, Potomac Economics produces an annual report assessing the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
As a customer of MISO or a participant in its markets, you may request investigations or raise market issues for the Independent Market Monitor to investigate. These requests or complaints may address the conduct of market participants or the actions of MISO itself. Please submit such requests or complaints by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMM Comments on MISO SAC Deficiency Response - Published April 2022
- IMM Comments on MISO Deficiency Letter - Published April 2022
- Comments on Implementation of Dynamic Line Ratings - Published April 2022
- Quarterly Report – Winter 2022 - Published April 2022
- Rehearing Request on Transmission Rating Final Rule - Published January 2022
- Fall 2021 IMM Quarterly Report - Published December 2021
- Potomac Economics Comments re Improvements in Transmission Planning Processes - Published November 2021
- Quarterly Report – Summer 2021 - Published October 2021
|David Patton||Michael Wander||Michael Chiasson|
|President||Vice President||Vice President|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0724||(317) 249-5721|