Potomac Economics serves as the Independent Market Monitor (IMM) for the Midcontinent ISO (MISO).
MISO is a non-profit company that provides transmission service in the Midwest region of the U.S. and operates wholesale markets for electricity and related services. These include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitor, Potomac Economics receives data continuously that is used to evaluate the performance of the markets and identify conduct by market participants or the Midcontinent ISO that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets. In addition to this real time monitoring, Potomac Economics will produce an annual report assessing the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
As a customer of the Midcontinent ISO or a participant in its markets, you may request investigations or raise market issues for the Independent Market Monitor to investigate. These requests or complaints may address the conduct of other market participants or the actions of the Midcontinent ISO. Please submit such requests or complaints by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Document - Title: 2017 NCA Thresholds - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Document - Title: NCA Informational Filing - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: Comments on PJM’s Proposed Pseudo Tie Rules - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: IMM Answer to MISO’s Answer on the Competitive Retail Proposal - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Other - Title: IMM Protest on MISO’s Proposed Competitive Retail Capacity Market - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Presentation - Title: Quarterly Report – Fall 2016 - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Other - Title: IMM Comments on Tilton Energy Complaint - Year Published: 2016
- Type: Other - Title: IMM Comments on CMTC Complaint - Year Published: 2016
|David Patton||Michael Wander||Michael Chiasson|
|President||Vice President||Vice President|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0724||(317) 249-5721|