Potomac Economics serves as the Independent Market Monitor (IMM) for the Midcontinent ISO (MISO).
MISO is a non-profit company that provides transmission service in the Midwest region of the U.S. and operates wholesale markets for electricity and related services. These include markets for energy, operating reserves, capacity, and transmission rights.
As the Independent Market Monitor, Potomac Economics receives data continuously that is used to evaluate the performance of the markets and identify conduct by MISO or its market participants that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets. In addition to this real time monitoring, Potomac Economics produces an annual report assessing the competitive performance of the markets and other reports as necessary focused on specific market issues.
As a customer of MISO or a participant in its markets, you may request investigations or raise market issues for the Independent Market Monitor to investigate. These requests or complaints may address the conduct of market participants or the actions of MISO itself. Please submit such requests or complaints by e-mail to email@example.com
- Type: Filings - Title: Comments on Grid Reliability and Resilience Pricing - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Presentation - Title: Quarterly Report – Summer 2017 - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Filings - Title: Comments of Potomac Economics - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Filings - Title: IMM Comments on Pro Forma Pseudo-Tie Agreements - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Filings - Title: IMM Comments on Changes to the Joint Operating Agreement - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Presentation - Title: 2016 State of the Market Summary - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Report - Title: 2016 State of the Market Report - Year Published: 2017
- Type: Report - Title: 2016 State of the Market Analytical Appendix - Year Published: 2017
|David Patton||Michael Wander||Michael Chiasson|
|President||Vice President||Vice President|
|(703) 383-0720||(703) 383-0724||(317) 249-5721|