Potomac Economics serves as the Independent Market Monitor for the wholesale electricity markets operated by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).
ERCOT is a non-profit corporation that operates wholesale markets that coordinate the scheduling of power on an electric grid consisting of 75,000 megawatts of generation capacity and 43,000 miles of high-voltage transmission.
ERCOT’s members include retail consumers, investor- and municipally-owned electric utilities, rural electric co-ops, river authorities, independent generators, power marketers, and retail electric providers. ERCOT is regulated by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT).
In this role, Potomac Economics identifies conduct by market participants or market rules that compromise the efficiency or distort the outcomes of the markets. Additionally, Potomac Economics issues periodic reports providing an independent assessment of the competitive performance and operational efficiency of the market.
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – October 2020 - Published November 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Quarterly Report – Q4 FY2020 - Published October 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – September 2020 - Published October 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – August 2020 - Published September 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – July 2020 - Published August 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – June 2020 - Published July 2020
- Wholesale Electricity Market Monthly Report – May 2020 - Published June 2020
- 2019 State of the Market Report - Published May 2020
|Carrie Bivens||David Patton|
|Director, ERCOT IMM||President|
|(512) 248-6678||(703) 383-0720|